Sunday 13 June 2010

First Day

This the first day of my new blog. Over the coming weeks and months I intend to post news about new work, novels, plays, and poems, and to post extracts from new work too. So, just to get myself started, first of all, some news.

News

My new novel The Map of Marvels, is publised by Oxford Children's Books in August. This is a fantasy adventure story about a boy who finds an old map of an unknown world and, through drawing it, brings to life, falls into it, and finds himself lost there. He meets others who are also lost in the map, and together they travel through the world of the map, seeking a way out. The inspiration behind this book is "The Tales of the Arabian Nights,", and, as well as being hopefully a good old yarn, it's also a book very much about storytelling, and the power of stories. I'll write more about this later, when it's published.

I'm writing a new book too. It's provisionally called The Hunt for the Great Bear, and though I've written quite a bit of it, there's still a long way to go before it's finished. I may be posting extracts from this book from time to time.

Finally, my play about knfe crime, Think Twice, produced and performed by Katch 22 Theatre Company, has just finished a first, very successful tour of schools and prisons, and a new tour is being set up for the autumn.

Ok. That's all for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment